US Foods Yard Jockey in Houston, Texas
Responsible for moving equipment throughout our facility to keep operations running efficiently and safely throughout the shift. Minor maintenance tasks to maintain the condition of the fleet. Ability to work efficiently and responsibly without supervision. Other work responsibilities as needed to help the operations department run smoothly and service customers effectively.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Move trailers and other equipment on and off the dock.
- Direct traffic in the yard (including company and non-company drivers).
- Keep track of loads and backhauls in the USF yard.
- Check OTR drivers for tire chocks.
- Yard equipment and load checks.
- Assist management as required to keep the dock flowing.
- Put away return product.
- Washing of trailers.
- Unloading of material from storage trailers.
- Recover drivers with HOS issues.
- Shuttle equipment to vendors for repair.
- Fuel equipment as needed.
- # EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
High School diploma / GED or equivalent experience.
Vehicle mechanical aptitude.
6 months experience driving a tractor trailer is required.
Class A CDL required.
Prior trailer jockey experience preferred.
Double Endorsement required.
Able to read and write legibly; good communication skills, organizational skills, ability to meet daily goals and deadlines.
JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO:1. SIT Occasionally2. STAND Continuously3. WALK Frequently4. DRIVEFrequently: Tractor Trailer / Straight truck / Yard DogJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO LIFT:1. 1-10 lbs (Sedentary)Continuously2. 10-20 lbs (Light)Occasionally3. 25-50 lbs (Medium)Occasionally4. 50-100 lbs (Heavy)Occasionally (up to 80 lbs.)5. Over 100 lbs (Very Heavy) NeverJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO CARRY:1. 1-10 lbs (Sedentary)Continuously2. 10-20 lbs (Light) Occasionally3. 25-50 lbs (Medium)Occasionally4. 50-100 lbs (Heavy)Occasionally5. Over 100 lbs (Very Heavy)NeverJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO:1. Push/pull Continuously2. Climb/balanceOccasionally3. Stoop/squatOccasionally4. Kneel/bendOccasionally5. BendOccasionally6. Reach above shoulderOccasionally7. Grasp objectsFrequently 8. Manipulate objects Frequently9. Twisting Occasionally
Primary Location: Houston-TX
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Delivery
Job Level: Individual Contributor