HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Unit (nights) in Houston, Texas
_East Houston Regional Medical Center – Houston, TX_
_Registered Nurse – Medical Surgical Unit_
_Shift - 7p-7a (nights)_
Nestled in the heart of the historic land where Texas won its independence, *East Houston Regional Medical Center *offers comfort, convenience, excellence and expertise to our neighbors who trust their health care to us.
East Houston Regional Medical Center is a full-service acute care hospital located on Interstate 10 East in Harris County. Our community-based hospital offers 131 beds, more than 250 board-certified doctors and more than 400 staff. Our Level IV emergency center is the only such facility in the area. This certification allows our hospital to care for trauma cases and also allows for quick diagnosis and reduced wait times for our patients visiting the ER.
East Houston Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) – Medical Surgical Unit.
· The Registered Nurse coordinates nursing care for the patient and participates in patient / family education.
· They assist the adult medical surgical patient to restore and/or maintain their optimal health.
· The Medical Surgical RN is skilled in assessing, diagnosing and treating actual or potential health problems. Performs tasks as a caregiver and care coordinator.
· Able to work closely with other disciplines such as case management, cardiopulmonary, physical therapy, etc. to restore the health of the patient. Works collaboratively with ancillary staff and other patient care personnel in maintaining standards of professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
· Participates in performance improvement activities to improve patient safety and quality of care.
· Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers.
· Promotes a supportive, team-work oriented environment.
· Fulfills departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital.
Qualifications: License / Certifications / Requirements 1. Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners 2. Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required 3. ACLS certification is preferred. Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required. _Experience: _ 6 months to 1 year of experience as a Medical Surgical nurse.
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Unit (nights)
Location: Texas-Houston-East Houston Regional Medical Center - Houston
Requisition ID: 00009-66090