Humana PRN Physical Therapist (Medicare Home Health)- Houston, TX in Houston, Texas
Role : PRN Physical Therapist (Medicare Home Health)
Assignment : Humana at Home
Location : Houston, TX
Are you a fit?
Senior Bridge Home Health Care is seeking passionate, physical therapists dedicated to delivering the highest quality in-home rehab care by assisting the patients with their recovery and rehabilitation of acute illnesses or chronic diseases.
The physical therapist contracted or employed through the Organization is responsible for providing physical therapy services and for adherence to all conditions outlined in the Personnel Services Agreement. Physical Therapy services provided by the physical therapist must be performed within the scope of practice authorized by the license issued by the state of Florida for the practice of physical therapist.
The Physical Therapist position includes the following:
- Initiates physical therapy program and instructs other personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with a patient, as well as instructing them as to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participating in case conferences.
- Provides physical therapy services as prescribed by a physician, physician assistant or advanced registered nurse practitioner, acting within their scope of practice, which can be safely provided in the home and assisting the physician, physician assistant, or advanced registered nurse practitioner in evaluating patients by applying diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint and functional abilities test; assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status, assessing for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROM—potential for rehab, and participation in the development of the total plan of care. Evaluates home environment.
- Observes and records activities and findings in the clinical record and report to the physician, physician assistant or advanced nurse practitioner the patient’s reaction to treatment and any changes in patient condition, or when there are deviations from the plan of care;
- Instructs the patient and caregiver in care and use of physical therapy devices; may train patient in the use of prosthetic device.
- Instructs other health team personnel including when appropriate, home health aides and caregivers in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with the patient.
- Instructs the caregiver on the patient’s total physical therapy program.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as necessary;
- Participates in discharge planning for patient.
- Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the attainment of goals as directed by Organization policy.
- Provides physical therapy consultation to home families/caregivers when indicated.
- Provides inservice education programs for nursing organization personnel as needed.
- Participates in peer consultation process.
- Supervises physical therapy assistants according to organization policy and state regulations.
- When therapy is the only skilled service, instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care every two (2) weeks.
* Masters Degree in physical therapy, (will accept the physical therapists grandfathered into license prior to masters requirement); a DPT is preferred
* Current license to practice physical therapy; maintains licensure requirements including 24 hours of continuing education biennially. * One year of appropriate experience as a physical therapist. * Complies and maintains current CPR certification. * This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana’s Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB. * This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. * Sensitivity to cultural diversity and to making accommodation available to provide services to a diverse population. * Strong customer services skills.
- Master’s Degree in physical therapy; a DPT is preferred
- Bi-lingual a plus
Community/Home health experience preferred
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage Voice to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 to 30 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Job Patient Care Services
Title: PRN Physical Therapist (Medicare Home Health)- Houston, TX
Requisition ID: 164748