Siemens Principal Sales App Engineer in Houston, Texas
Principal Sales App Engineer
Job Family: Sales
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: DF / PD Sales
Requisition Number: 201611
Assignment Category: Part-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For further information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.
• A Sales Application Engineer will collaborate with the internal/external Siemens Sales Channels to increase Siemens market share of Process Automation Systems.
• Interface with multiple Siemens factories, third party suppliers and Siemens OEC by integrating equipment such as DCS, SIS, F&G, PLC, SCADA, Instrumentation, Network Switches and shelters for the total Siemens system Total Integrated Automation /Totally Integrated Power package solution.
• Will play a dual role as business developer and meet with customers to grow the Oil & Gas Process Industry.
• The role must promote and support Siemens global market growth initiatives and strategies.
• A Sales Application Engineer’s responsibilities include approximately 30% business development and meeting with customers, 70% preparation of proposals and LoA’s, negotiations to actively pursue orders and preparation of hand-over
documents for order execution. They are responsible for all commercial and technical content in accordance with Siemens policies and procedures. Sales Application Engineers are
expected to contribute to continual improvement of efficiency and effectiveness of the position. Job tasks include:
• Review customer project specifications and requirements. Identify and provide suggested solutions for all technical and commercial challenges to the internal and external organizations for review before bid submittal and during the negotiation process.
• Prepare proposals that adequately define and promote the scope and equipment details of the Siemens offer.
• Support the internal sales channel commercially and technically in presenting, clarifying and negotiating with the customer. Some domestic or international travel may be required.
• Lead and contribute all necessary information and documentation for review and approval of bids and orders before submitting.
• Lead and contribute to improvements in the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the sales and marketing team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
As a minimum, an engineering or technical degree and sales application engineering with similar responsibilities is required. Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Applicants with knowledge and skills of DCS, SIS, F&G systems, PLC, SCADA, Instrumentation, Network Switches and shelters for the total Siemens system Total Integrated Automation /Totally Integrated Power package solution.
A degree in electrical/chemical engineering is
preferred but other technical degrees supported by similar working experience can be accepted.
SIMATIC PCS 7 experience is a plus.
General Requirements: Job Family Responsibilities:
Provides pre-and/or post sales technical product advice for the development and implementation of customer solutions.
Participates in the preparation and presentation of technical proposals, including product demonstrations and product
prototypes. Participates in the preparation and presentation of customer needs plan to company teams to assure complete plan is feasible within cost, time, and environment constraints. Resolves semi-complex technical problems. May provide installation support and post-sales consulting.
Provides follow-up support in disseminating semi-complex technical information on specific applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .