Comcast Permit Coordinator, Construction in HOUSTON, Texas
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for coordinating all facets of construction activities including materials, labor, and resource allocation planning. Manages scheduling, quality control work verification, and ensuring compliance with Company practices, policies, and procedures. Works with moderate supervision/guidance. Is accountable for individual results and impact on team.
- Assists Supervisor and Manager in day-to-day construction coordination.
- Prioritizes and monitors several ongoing separate construction projects.
- Acts as liaison between Design and Planning Departments in the construction of residential and commercial locations.
- Applies and acquires permits and/or easements for new building, maintenance, pole relocation, and drops for state, county, or private roads. Researches easements at country records office, determines true ownership of property and processes proper documentation for County taxation and deed filing.
- Researches and analyzes maps for planning purposes.
- Visits customers' homes to finalize easement notarization, if necessary.
- Initiates appropriate work orders for in-house trench, tap changes.
- Monitors and processes invoices and tracks expenses. Maintains files and logs in accordance with established procedures. Prepares and submits monthly reports.
- Ensures public relations issues are fully resolved.
- Monitors Miss Utility tickets and determines if affected area is underground or aerial cables. Initiates locators to visually inspect. Distributes emergency tickets for line technicians and makes all necessary phone calls to clear tickets.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer