HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Technician in Houston, Texas
_East Houston Regional Medical Center – Houston, TX_
_Nurse Tech (CNA) - 2 South Medical Unit_
Nestled in the heart of the historic land where Texas won its independence, *East Houston Regional Medical Center *offers comfort, convenience, excellence and expertise to our neighbors who trust their health care to us.
East Houston Regional Medical Center is a full-service acute care hospital located on Interstate 10 East in Harris County. Our community-based hospital offers 131 beds, more than 250 board-certified doctors and more than 400 staff. Our Level IV emergency center is the only such facility in the area. This certification allows our hospital to care for trauma cases and also allows for quick diagnosis and reduced wait times for our patients visiting the ER.
East Houston Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a Nurse Tech (CNA) – 2 South Medical Unit.
1. Transports patient to and from various hospital departments as requested.
2. Accurately collects and records in the patients record vital signs, weight, height, intake & output, and other assigned tasks.
3. Assists in the admission, transfer and discharge of the patient.
4. Assists nursing staff to answer patient call bells, direct visitors in the unit, answer telephone calls, etc.
5. Assists the licensed nurse with the performance of treatments and procedures.
6. Assists the nursing staff in recording patient information into the telemetry log book.
7. Assists the patient with the handling and care of personal items (dentures, hearing aid, glasses, clothing, etc.)
8. Cleans and stores reusable patient care equipment 9. Completes and demonstrates proficiency with unit based clinical and age-appropriate competencies. 10. Complies with applicable hospital policy/procedure.
11. Demonstrates basic Medi-tech computer skills including order entry. 12. Demonstrates competency in other procedures such as removal of IV lines and foley catheters 13. Demonstrates proficiency in performing bedside glucose testing, according to hospital policy and procedure. 14. Demonstrates the ability to prioritize assigned tasks if necessary. 15. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: Provides general supportive nursing care as assigned and accurately documents the care provided. 16. Ethics and Compliance. Accountable for behaviors relative to the values articulated in the Mission & Values Statement – “Will act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.” Accountable for attending annual Code of Conduct training.
17. Familiar and responds correctly to the activation of the Code Blue System under the direction of the telemetry nursing staff. 18. Maintains a safe and comfortable environment for the patient with special consideration to cleanliness of the room, ventilation, temperature, and lighting. Assists in maintaining a clean and safe environment on the patient care unit.
19. Participates in hospital performance improvement activities to improve safety and patient outcomes. 20. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
21. Promotes an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork by exhibiting professional behavior that demonstrates a commitment to the provision of quality patient care and support of a professional working environment.
22. Provides care and treatment that reflects appropriate infection control techniques and universal precautions.
23. Provides patient with assistance for personal hygiene, feeding, mobility, and other activities of daily living. 24. Respects the patient’s privacy and maintains confidentiality of health care and other information. 25. Respects the rights of patients to include their cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values. 26. Responds timely to call lights and other patient requests for assistance. 27. Restocks patient rooms (suction set-up, blood pressure cuff, electrodes, etc) 28. Supports the vision, mission and values of the hospital. 29. Timely and accurately reports observed changes in the patient’s condition to the RN.
License / Certifications / Requirements
1. Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required
2. Successful completion of a state approved Nursing Assistant training course or equivalent documentation of competency skills is preferred.
High school graduate or GED preferred. Completion of and/or current enrollment in a CNA, EMT, MA, nursing or related program preferred. Completion of a basic EKG arrythmia recognition course is preferred.
One (1) year of acute care experience as a nursing assistant is preferred.
Title: Nurse Technician
Location: Texas-Houston-East Houston Regional Medical Center - Houston
Requisition ID: 00009-70130