Sun & Ski IT Help Desk Support Analyst in Houston, Texas
About the Position
Sun & Ski is a leading outdoor retailer specializing in equipment, apparel, footwear and accessories to enhance our customers' active lifestyles. The company operates 33 stores across 13 states and offers online sales at www.sunandski.com . Our core stores feature a broad selection of products for year-round outdoor lifestyle activities including ski, bike, board, run, swim and surf, while our Northeast stores sell ski and snowboard equipment and apparel in the winter and outdoor lifestyle furniture in the summer. Our commitment to providing exceptional service, unparalleled expertise and the highest quality products is the cornerstone of our unique approach and our 100% Performance Guarantee.
Sun & Ski has an opening in our IT Department for a POS & Help Desk Support Analyst. The ideal candidate has experience working in a retail environment and experience with desktop & laptop computer support. This is an exciting opportunity in a growing retail company.
- Provide remote software and hardware support for POS systems for all store locations (currently 33 stores).
- Become an expert on all POS related store processes in order to provide necessary support.
- Act as Level 1 support for all help desk requests.
- Maintain printers: keep stock of toner; perform minor repairs; coordinate with supplier on major repairs; track maintenance schedules.
- Setup and maintain POS devices and desktop & laptop computers.
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation. Nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Travel, occasionally, to major store events to provide POS support.
- Travel to new stores to assist in setup of all technology required for a new store.
- Diagnose technical issues and provide simple step-by-step instructions to walk end users through the resolution of issues.
The qualified candidate is someone who:
- Is highly motivated with a commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.
- Is familiar with retail systems and processes.
- Has previous retail experience.
- Has a bachelor's degree.
- Is proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Access, and Excel.
- Has excellent analytical abilities and problem solving skills.
- Has strong organization, documentation and communication skills.
- Is a motivated self-starter who can work productively with little supervision.
- Is a quick learner and is anxious to take on new challenges.
- Is capable of multi-tasking and comfortable with rapidly changing priorities.
- Is adept at troubleshooting and can quickly diagnose and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Is proactive and addresses minor concerns before they become major problems.
- Is willing to assume additional responsibilities and perform ad-hoc duties as needed.
- Has the ability to lift (30-50 lbs), move, and install computer equipment.
- Enjoys working with others in a team environment.
- Has experience repairing computers.
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.