Comcast Fiber Designer in HOUSTON, Texas
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for the planning and designing of broadband communication systems. Designs systems and collaborates with vendors to determine project specifications. Inspects projects periodically to ensure adherence to project specifications. Prepares and maintains project documentation. Identifies new service areas and assists in resolving customer service complaints. Works with moderate supervision/guidance.
- Designs broadband communication systems using various design software packages. Produces layout designs for coaxial and fiber placement, and fiber routing and connectivity. Verifies designs are in adherence to regional hybrid fiber coax (HFC) architecture and design specifications.
- Conducts analysis to determine efficiency, equipment economy, and systems operation simplicity.
- Collaborates with outside vendors in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings. Develops criteria and performance specifications required to meet unique operating requirements, building codes, and safety codes.
- Inspects construction and installation to ensure adherence to established drawings, specifications and schedules.
- Prepares special keys, charts, diagrams, and graphic drawings for use by other departments. Updates and maintains system maps, keys, and design files. Tracks and keeps current system spreadsheets and documents.
- Reviews and estimates design costs and generates project packages for construction including design prints, bill of materials, and materials and equipment ordering information. Prepares bid sheets and contracts.
- Completes field surveys for identifying new service areas and assists in the resolution of customer service complaints related to construction activity. Works with customers and contractors to plan and schedule work. Provides customer service personnel with periodic progress reports of service requests.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer