HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Cardiac Cath Lab Technician in Houston, Texas
E1. Responsible for assisting the R.N. in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of the
Cath Lab patient.
E2. Manages all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment in the Cath Lab.
E3 Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care.
E4. Assists the physician with all procedures performed in the Cath Lab.
E5. Is able to function in a Code Blue situation..
E6. Is able to function in a call-out situation by scrubbing and running the table (x-ray).
E7. Competently operates radiologic equipment and possesses trouble shooting skills.
E8. Able to scrub all procedures in Cath Lab.
E9. Operates hemodynamic monitoring computer during cases.
E10. Performs decentralized testing, according to protocol.
INTERACTION WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS
Collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding each patient’s nursing care needs. Works with professional and non-professional employees of the hospital, and with physicians, patients, and their families
Experience: _ _ 1. Two years’ experience as a CVT, preferably in a Cath Lab setting.
_Education:_ _ _ 1. High School Graduate
Educational requirements appropriate for meeting age-specific needs of patients assigned to the Cardiac Cath Lab.
a. Nutrition, ie., alteration in nutrition, less than body requirements b. Hazards of immobility, ie., impaired physical mobility c. Impaired verbal communication or special communication needs d. Grieving process e. Alteration in elimination f. Self-care deficit g. Sleep pattern disturbance h. Impairment of skin integrity i. Activity intolerance
- Current CPR certification
- Demonstrated current clinical competence, as outlined in the appropriate orientation checklist
- Maintains competency on a consistent basis a. Annual Skills Checklist
- Challenges EKG test, or takes EKG course and Code Blue course at first available class.
- ACLS certification within 6 months of employment
- Thorough technical knowledge
- Able to deal with stressful situations and to stand for long periods of time
- Hemodynamics course
- Hospital approved abbreviation course
Title: Cardiac Cath Lab Technician
Location: Texas-Houston-West Houston Medical Center - Houston
Requisition ID: 00417-67436