Invesco Accounts Payable Specialist ll in Houston, Texas
Invesco Ltd. is a leading independent global investment management firm, dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, Invesco provides a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world. Operating in more than 20 countries, the firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol IVZ.
Job Purpose (Job Summary): Under general supervision, processes and allocates invoices for fund expense. Also responsible to ensure payment and reimbursement for fund expenses are made accurately and timely to internal and external parties. The Specialist cultivates a good rapport with internal and external customers and provides support for research and inquiries. Solid organizational and communication skills are essential
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Reviews invoices to determine if services are applicable fund expense.
- Determines expense category and allocates to appropriate funds.
- Utilizes the ExPRT system to perform allocations. Performs the reconciliation between ExPRT and Oracle Financials.
- Assists with weekly payout coordination and prepares wire letters for various direct fund payments as required. Verifies the proper approvals have been obtained prior to wire transmissions.
- Maintains invoice file records and coordinates with file room as necessary.
- Input of various expense, net assets, transfer agent credits, and other pertinent information into spreadsheets.
- Provide support on inquiries from internal/external requests.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by management.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- 3-5-years of accounting or bookkeeping experience is required.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a variety of individuals are required.
- Must have a basic understanding of accounting.
- Must have the ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and concentrate on detailed information.
- Must be able to utilize computer equipment and software, specifically spreadsheet applications.
- The ability to cooperate in a team environment is critical.
Formal Education:(minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- A High School Diploma or equivalent along with training in basic accounting is required.
- Associates degree at a minimum preferred.
FLSA (US Only):Nonexempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time. Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Job: Fund Administration
Primary Location: North America-United States-Texas-Houston-11 Greenway Plaza
Req ID: 18237