Johnson Controls SMT Process Engineer in Holland, Michigan
SMT Process Engineer is responsible for maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of all related manufacturing equipment & processes required to manufacture a high quality PCBA product in a repeatable and cost effective manner. As such the successful candidate must have background and experience in SMT and Through-hole manufacturing processes, programming and support of automated placement systems, and solder reflow processes as well as an understanding in electronic product introduction and development.
Candidate is expected to drive improvements in all related manufacturing processes, including those related to products, equipment, human interface, and product quality. He/she is responsible for associated metrics management, corrective action analysis, process troubleshooting, and new process development/qualification. Responsibilities include the “operational ownership” of all manufacturing processes, as well as support of all related products during their manufacturing lifecycle.
This position requires active involvement with the production processes and personnel. Through partnerships with the production personnel, candidate will provide technical support for all critical process and product issue resolution as well as technical direction to the production staff. Supports document control activities to ensure documentation correctness and completeness is available for all product builds and process operations.
Successful candidate must be a problem solver. He/she must combine their technical knowledge with that of human capabilities and operational limitations. He/she should be able to organize many details and manage multiple priorities related to operations and organization. He/she must be able to communicate with both operations personnel and management with equal effectiveness and professionalism.
- · Evaluates, implements, and monitors processes and operating systems for the manufacture of printed circuit boards.
- · Develops and maintains automation programming
- · Drives continuous improvement in labor costs through waste reduction and OEE improvement
- · Provides ongoing product and process improvements to meet quality, CI, and production goals
- · Provides “on the floor” technical support as required for critical process and product issues
- · Ensures production equipment is capable and has capacity for growth; involves integrating equipment, people, material flow systems, and information systems
- · Develops and supports new manufacturing processes while supporting released products through ‘end of life’
· Determines capital equipment needs and assists in the budget process for equipment, training, software, and equipment installation projects.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience preferred.
- · At least 3 years’ experience in the PCBA manufacturing field required with specific exposure to SMT process.
- · Working knowledge of IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610, J-STD-001.
- · Proficiency with computer software programs (Microsoft products, AutoCAD), Aegis preferred, and placement programming skills.
Organization: *Automotive E&I
Title: SMT Process Engineer
Requisition ID: WD30032976288