Oracle Assembler A2 in Hillsboro, Oregon
A2.101320 . Assembler
Follow routine, andsemi-routine, manufacturing processes at an intermediate level of complexity,under general supervision, with a good understanding of the technical aspect ofthe job. Meet production quality and outputrequirements as specified by each area.
Major Duties and Tasks
- Able to perform all duties and tasks defined at theA1 level (see
7 defined duties/tasks for A1)
2. Participate in routine cycle counts
3. Provide hands on training with job instructions (JI's)
4. Initiate non-conforming material reports of failed components
5. Understand when to escalate work stoppages and quality escapes tosenior staff
6. Perform quality checks and provide feedback to other operators
7. Participate in continuous improvement activities at an individualcontributor (vs lead) level
- Perform basic to intermediate level oftroubleshooting and problem resolution in assigned area
· Proficient knowledge of manufacturing process
· Apply good judgment in moderate level problem solving situations
· Proficient in using e-mail for giving and receiving information.
- Communicate status and passdown informationeffectively, verbally and in written correspondence
Physical Requirements (common to, and equivalent across all levels ofassembly, A1-A4)
· Able to repetitively bend, kneel, turn, and lift throughout an 8 hourshift to perform daily assigned tasks
· Able to perform repetitive and sometimes tedious tasks throughout an 8hour shift such as labeling, scanning, and integration of components at aconsistent pace as defined by takt times and/or daily area output requirements
· Able to lift and/or place material that weighs up to 40 pounds on aworkbench, a cart, or in a system.Lifting height includes placing material at knee level, and up to chest level.
· Able to operate a material handling lift for anything over 40 lbs orabove chest level or below knee level
· Able to push or pull carts and systems weighing up to 550 lbs, with theassistance of another operator or by using an electric pallet jack
- Able to stand for 2 hour increments throughout a hour work day
- 1-2 years high technology manufacturing experience
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Performs a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies.
Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications.
Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from standard practice is needed. Normally receives detailed instructions for new assignments. Typically 1 - 2 years of related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing and Distribution
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire