LGS Innovations Visual Installation Technician in High Point, North Carolina
LGS Innovations, a leader in solving the most complex networking and communications challenges, is seeking a * Visual Installation Technician IV* for our High Point, NC office location. In this position you will provide installation services for audio/video systems at customer locations both CONUS and OCONUS.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide installation and testing of designed audio/video solutions at customer site under the guidance of a Lead Technician
- Work with engineering and/or programmers to verify existing designs and/or adapt to changes identified at site.
- Inventory all material at site and handle RMAs as required
- May provide limited on-site programming support
- Prepare "as built" drawings and information as required
- Support receiving, staging & shipping of material for projects
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S; policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Associate’s degree in related discipline and 3-5 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience
- Experience in installing, terminating and testing Category 6 shield and unshielded twisted pair cable
- Experience using Microsoft Visio drawing package
- Experience installing speaker and microphone wiring
- Experience installing ceiling speakers
- Experience installing ceiling and table top microphones
- Capable of identifying and labeling cabling
- Experience or knowledge in the following:
- Cisco (Tandberg)
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications required, including Microsoft SharePoint
- Demonstrated experience installing and troubleshooting audio and video equipment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer interface experience
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers.
LGS Innovations is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
Location: High Point, NC
# of openings: 1
JOB TITLE: Visual Installation Technician
Location: High Point, NC
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary