Hershey Entertainment and Resorts RETAIL FINANCIAL ANALYST in Hershey, Pennsylvania
The Retail Financial Analyst position serves as the key financial liaison between Retail, Finance and Information Technology. The position supports Retail by overseeing financial issues related to the Retail Point of Sale and Inventory systems, by providing financial analysis and reporting to assist with key business decisions, and by strengthening policies and procedures related to Retail Operations (mainly inventory management and movement).This position reports to the Sr. Finance Analyst – F&B;/Retail with the Entertainment Complex.
- Prepare and distribute monthly retail inventory reports and reconcile related inventory accounts.
- Create tools/reports to aid with key decisions related to purchases and inventory management.
- Generate analytical reports to assist in forecasting retail revenue, costs and labor.
- Assist in the preparation and on-going analysis of retail budgets.
- Serve as the system administrator for the Retail point of sale and inventory systems.
- Organize and supervise all retail physical inventories, including co-coordinating the use of an outside inventory service.
- Plan, coordinate and verify the completion of routine inventory cycle counts.
- Work with Internal Audit to develop formal policies and procedures for the retail inventory.
- Lead a task force comprised of IT, Finance, and Retail personnel to resolve retail inventory/system issues.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older?
- Minimum of 2 years inventory accounting experience, preferably in a retail environment. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Business Logistics. (May substitute education requirement with five (2) years equivalent related experience as a financial analyst specifically in an Amusement Park/Hospitality environment)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Solid understanding of inventory controls and standards as well as retail metrics.
- Familiarity with computerized point-of-sale/inventory control systems.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word, and financial systems.
- Strong leadership and decision making ability.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal direction, able to work as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate at various levels throughout the organization.
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Physical requirements of the position include finger dexterity, the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances, hearing and speaking.
- Typical work environment is an office setting with some time spent in retail outlets and warehouse areas.
- Normal working hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm but may include some evenings, weekends and holidays based on workload and operating needs.
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Entertainment Complex
Type: Fulltime (Benefits Eligible)
Hourly Wage: TBD