Hershey Entertainment and Resorts CULINARY TEAM MEMBER in Hershey, Pennsylvania
Create Hersheypark Happy moments and memories for guests, fans, and even yourself by joining our Team at the Entertainment Complex! Get your start in a competitive culinary program that spans several culinary environments including concessions, carving stations, full-service restaurants, catering, and more. Apply today and be on your way to an exciting, new position in The Sweetest Place On Earth!
Culinary Team Members are responsible for maintaining appropriate levels of all food items at all times, placing orders for food in a timely manner, and creating aesthetically pleasing presentations of all food to include display props. This position is intended for individuals looking to pursue a culinary, pastry arts, or hospitality career.
The pay rate for this position is commensurate with experience.
The Hershey Entertainment Complex is a multi-acre facility that includes the GIANT Center, Hersheypark, Hersheypark Arena, Hersheypark Stadium, and Star Pavilion.
Culinary Team members may be required to do one or all of the following tasks based on their level above:
- Perform all duties as assigned by Executive Chef and Sous Chefs
- Maintain appropriate levels of all food items
- Place Orders for food in a timely manner
- Create aesthetically pleasing food displays
- Deliver prepared items to assigned areas as needed
- Wash and sanitize all kitchen equipment including, but not limited to: fryers, grill, tilt skillet, steam kettle, broiler, worktables, sinks, dishwasher, pots, pans, dishes and utensils
- Assist the warehouse runner to properly receive and store all food, non-food and cleaning related items, while maintaining a clean and orderly operation
- Maintain safe, clean, and sanitized work areas. Tasks could include removing trash, breaking down boxes, sweeping, and maintaining cleanliness of dish room and pot washing areas.
- Comply with safety and security procedures outlined in the employee handbook
- Adhere to policies of the Hershey Entertainment Complex
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Capability of following direction
- Must have a working knowledge of kitchen equipment and good knife skills
- Must have reliable, steady transportation to and from work
- Basic communication skills and an understanding of English
- Willingness to display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image to both internal and external customers in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Ability to safeguard confidential information
- Ability to work within line production
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- ServSafe Certification preferred
- Flexible schedule that may include days, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Must be able to withstand the temperatures of a kitchen/food stand environment
- Position requires standing, bending, walking and lifting for entire shift
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs. independently
- Must be able to work with cleaning chemicals
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Entertainment Complex
Hourly Wage: TBD