HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Coordinator Pharmacist in Hermitage, Tennessee
We, the employees of TriStar Summit Medical Center, have a unique calling to care for those in need, whether they are patients or loved ones. In fulfilling this calling we believe in and practice daily, the values and standards that place us at the Summit of health care. Every employee is committed to the I SERVE...with pleasure values which we hold in the daily performance of our duties.
These are the expectations of all TriStar Summit employees. They are a reflection of us individually and as a group. To ensure high-quality, compassionate patient care, we depend on the collaborative efforts of our entire team, from physicians to support staff. So if you’re all about making a difference in healthcare, TriStar Summit offers excellent opportunities to advance your career and achieve your goals.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator is responsible for providing pharmaceutical care to ensure safe and effective medication therapy through the provision of clinical pharmacy services. They fulfill departmental responsibilities within the long range plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital. They provide information services to the departments outside the pharmacy; train, develop and monitor staff/clinical pharmacists. They serve as an information source for staff regarding use and effects of medications and define the direction of the clinical pharmacy services.
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS: Meets mutually agreed upon performance goals/objectives established annually as listed on the Performance Management Plan. Expectations may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Directs activities of clinical functions effectively by establishing priorities for assignments based on workload and resources available.
- Leads/participates in department or hospital committees, task forces, and/or provides departmental education when appropriate.
- Leads in orientation, training and development of pharmacists to carry out their job responsibilities as it relates to clinical pharmacy services.
- Assist with the development and implementation of an effective Quality Assurance plan. Monitors and investigates possible adverse drug reactions, medication use evaluations and drug studies. Prepares reports on the above meeting deadlines as required.
- Interfaces with physicians and nurses to develop quality, cost effective therapeutics through clinical pathways including development of drug cost management programs, formulary adherence and alternative medications during shortages.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by the Director in accordance with established polices and accrediting agencies.
- Fulfills the responsibilities of a clinical/staff pharmacist when called upon. (see job description)
Performs management responsibilities to include but not limited to:o Leads in development of schedules for pharmacist staff o Assists in time clock management of pharmacy staff Disciplinary action and coaching of direct reports when needed
Respond to Code Blue / Code Pink, providing medication information and ensuring medication availability. Assist other responders as necessary in medication preparation including injectable and properly labeled continuous infusions.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, facility-specific patient care software (Pyxis, CII Safe, Abacus etc.), order scanning systems, automated dispensing units, packaging equipment, physician order entry, and clinical integration to systems. All pharmacy staff are expected to review CPW and report ADRs as appropriate.
- Displays good work habits such as consistently arriving on time and ready to work at start of shift.
* Current Tennessee Pharmacist License or eligible for licensure.
* Three years of hospital experience as clinical pharmacist.
* Post graduate year one pharmacy practice residency. * Board Certification Pharmacotherapy Specialist preferred. * Excellent customer service, communication, mathematics, and computer skills are required. * Benefits *_What we offer:_ * Competitive salary * Night and weekend shift differentials * Generous PTO Plan * Great medical plans, vision & dental benefits, life & disability benefits, etc. * 401(k) Plan with 100% match * Employee Stock Purchase Program * Tuition Reimbursement * Consumer discounts * And many, many more!
Title: Clinical Coordinator Pharmacist
Location: Tennessee-Hermitage-Summit Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00025-55950