Invesco EMEA AML Manager in Henley, United Kingdom
Invesco Ltd. is a leading independent global investment management firm, dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, Invesco provides a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world. Operating in more than 20 countries, the firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol IVZ.
Job Purpose (Job Summary): Oversight and support of AML (incl. PEP and sanction screening) related policies, systems, processes and operation across all business lines and EMEA locations and close cooperation with MLROs
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Designing, managing and overseeing efficient and effective systems and controls related to AML (which includes through this document PEP and sanction screening), ensuring compliance with Anti-Money Laundering and related regulations at all times
- Ensuring update of such processes, policies and documentation in light of new regulation, general Invesco projects and continuous improvement activities. Support projects to implement change
- Oversee and support the identification, mitigation and management AML related risks; reporting and escalation of such risks as needed; mitigating AML improvements identified by internal and external auditors as well as compliance monitoring
- Overseeing third parties handling outsourced AML activities for Invesco EMEA; implementing, managing and overseeing controls, policies & procedures and tests/ site visits to ensure adequate AML quality and adherence to Key Performance Indicators.
- Review and oversight of incoming reports, data and MI from third parties
- Support and oversee direct reports in completion of Business as usual (BAU) activities including ongoing transaction monitoring, management of Enhanced Due Diligence, High risk and PEP clients
- Closely working with Compliance /MLROs across EMEA on BAU and new AML requirements and assessing and communicating implications on and application to Invesco to staff and management
- Ensuring delivery of appropriate AML related MI and reports to internal stakeholders, external authorities, Boards and Management as appropriate
- Manage and support any internal audits, Compliance Monitoring and other reviews as required
- Taking ownership of complex anti-money laundering matters and complex client cases, and providing advice and direction to the AML staff, working with regional compliance and Distribution teams
- Taking an active role in relevant industry forums and committees and collaborating with other AML experts to pre-empt and/ or address common challenges. To ensure best practice in our approach
- Playing an active role as EMEA Ops Manager, taking ownership for projects and business change, also wider than just AML related
- Responsible for ensuring direct reports hold the required regulatory, operational and product knowledge to fulfil the roles and for identifying gaps/risks in knowledge/skills and...
- ... resolving through adequate training, performance management, succession planning and recruitment
- To lead direct reports, providing direction and ensuring on-going development; including constructive and regular feedback regarding performance management and embedding this culture across the team
- Oversee the management of resource allocation within the team, promoting efficiency and cross training to ensure best and maximum use of available people and technical resources
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Significant relevant experience of AML related topics within the Financial Services industry, preferably in asset management, across Europe, ideally from an audit or consultancy perspective
- Proven leadership, people management and organisational skills
- Proven ability to operate at a strategic level and with detail as appropriate
- Experience of managing significant regulatory change in both a BAU and project environment, as well as evidence of relationship management required.
- AML Expert
- Good understanding on what a great AML process looks like and how to manage this
- Good understanding of general asset management and oversight processes and linkage of AML to other functions
- Cognisant of and conversant with AML Legislation and issues across Europe
- Good understanding of board documentation requirements
- Good understanding of outsourcing AML/KYC oversight requirements
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the organisation, as well as with internal and external stakeholders including regulators.
- Ability to gain commitment through excellent influencing and consultative skills.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Strong client focus
- Strong issue resolution skills with a focus on risk controls
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to work under pressure and to prioritise workloads.
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
Formal Education:(minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Degree or comparable experience
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Job: Transfer Agency
Primary Location: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-Oxfordshire-Henley - on - Thames-Perpetual Park
Req ID: 17834