HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Med/Surg (Weekends Nights Only) in Hendersonville, Tennessee
Our Medical Surgical Unit is the recipient of the Unit Of Distinction award!
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. In pursuit of our mission, we believe the following value statements are essential and timeless.
- We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic value of each individual.
- We treat all those that we serve with compassion and kindness.
- We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
- We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect, and dignity.
TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center was named an Honorable Mention recipient of the HCA Unit of Distinction 2015 Excellence in Medical-Surgical Nursing Award. HCA, the parent company of TriStar Hendersonville, presents this honor as part of its annual Awards of Distinction program. The Unit of Distinction Award is the highest honor a facility department may receive.
· Graduate of an Accredited School of Professional Nursing
· Current RN licensure (or eligible)
· 1 year clinical experience preferred
· Current state licensure
· CPR certificate
· Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served. · Promotes customer service initiatives. · Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients. · Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures. · Documents all patient care.
*DEGREE OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: *
Minimal - individual proceeds on his/her own, in compliance with policies, procedures, and practices as prescribed by immediate supervisor
· Assesses and diagnoses patient and family needs to provide quality care to assigned patients.
· Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to implement medical plan of care, nursing interventions, and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient.
· Evaluates the identified problems, care provided, and patient’s responses are reassessed to meet patient and family needs and assure overall quality of care delivered.
· Maintains up‑to‑date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team, to ensure quality care.
· Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure. Pursues professional growth and development.
· Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
· Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job‑related hazards.
· Performs all responsibilities/duties required by the Women’s Services Department as defined in the scope of service, to ensure that the unique nature of the client is addressed. Develops the skills and judgment necessary to implement obstetrical plan of care, nursing interventions, and procedures, teaching of and communication with patient and support person(s).
· Follows the hospital exposure control plans/blood borne and airborne pathogens.
· Demonstrates leadership in the Charge Nurse role.* *
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Med/Surg (Weekends Nights Only)
Location: Tennessee-Hendersonville-Hendersonville Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00447-51986