Veritas Backup Executive Technical Support Engineer in Heathrow, Florida
Responsible for answering and placing technical support communications for Backup Exec customers:
- The primary responsibility is to successfully troubleshoot and resolve highly complex technical issues on heterogeneous environments that are utilized on highly complex, mission critical systems. This requires consistent follow up with customers until issues are resolved or proper advancement procedures are followed for known issues.
- Provide end-to-end complex technical support via telephone, email and/or chat.
- Become a subject matter expert in Backup Exec suite of products, documenting discovered issues and bugs through knowledgebase documents and product training.
- Become a subject matter expert in other Symantec products and third party applications that integrate with Backup Exec; includes, but not limited to operating systems (Windows Servers and Clients, Linux and UNIX), databases (Active Directory, SQL Server, SharePoint), virtual (VMWare vSphere suite, deduplication, NDMP, Hyper-V), mail servers (Exchange, Lotus Notes), etc.
- Technicians are expected to reproduce and verify customer issues by re-creating scenarios in a lab environment and prioritize open issues.
- Technicians will participate in new product releases and beta cycles to ensure information and training requirements are met to support new products whilst researching a wide variety of technical subjects including operating systems, Symantec Backup and Recovery software, and third party applications.
- Remain updated in client and industry led processes, technology applications, utilities, and products
- Advocate customer requests and participate in conference call escalations when required.
- Utilize various internal and client-based tools and applications for customer management and servicing.
- Utilize various logical thought processes and troubleshooting techniques to remediate customer issues.
- Demonstrate strong customer service and cross-cultural skills when engaging customers.
- Technicians will share knowledge of Backup Exec product with customers to assist them in troubleshooting and solving problems on their own.
- Participate in building the capability and capacity of the technical support organization.
- Work and partner with others within a team-based environment.
- Achieve and maintain required metrics and goals.
Bachelor's Degree in technical field preferred, with previous experience required supporting large enterprise customers.
Must be a United States citizen and be able to verify citizenship with a legal US passport or US birth certificate
For Window support, 3+ years providing 2nd/3rd line support with an MCSE; or 18+ months experience providing 2nd/3rd line support in a Microsoft environment. Or, 2+ years of relevant technology experience supporting large enterprise clients.
In-depth knowledge of Windows 2003, 2008 / R2, 2012 / R2, 2013 with extensive hands-on networking experience.
In-depth knowledge of Active Directory, domains and domain trusts as well as Widows Registry, Windows Client Operating System, user profiles and security and server-based software.
Experienced in supporting large enterprise customers.
Must be familiar with networking protocols and hardware, preferably with MCSE certification.
Any combination of the following will be a plus : Oracle DB, MS Exchange, MS SQL, SharePoint and/or LINUX
Capable of working with related hardware systems such as tape drives and tape libraries and Disk based storage solutions.
Ability to resolve problems systematically, efficiently and effectively.
Must have good organizational and interpersonal skills, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
Ability to debug, how to read debug and what it means.
Perform disaster recovery of supported technologies.
Understand PowerShell basics.
Understand Performance Monitor (SysInternal Suite) and similar tools for analysis.
Depth of troubleshooting, analysis and problem solving skills are required.
Conduct research to find answers to questions and solutions to problems from various resources.
Multi-tasking capabilities (i.e. navigating and working within multiple windows/applications, ability to communicate and document simultaneously).
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .