Aclara Technologies Principal Business Analyst in Hazelwood, Missouri
Help build the business analysis function into an agile environment. The individual will have a focus on the iiDEAS business domain but will have exposure to interfacing applications and systems such as the various headends (NCC, Metrum, TNS/TWACS, SRFN) and Consumer Engagement, etc.
- Conduct requirements gathering; and document business requirements in a clear, complete, and concise manner.
- Ensure that business requirements are aligned to business goals and priorities.
- Provide acceptance criteria and business process testing to ensure that requirements are met.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities, and work with business customers to anticipate future needs.
- Identify, diagnose, and direct resolution on a wide range of domain issues, and when necessary act as a point of escalation.
- Work with the customers, management, and product owners to accurately define product requirements and prioritize.
- Work with the development teams to communicate, clarify and demonstrate product requirements.
- Work with Architects in Proof-of-Concept models and demos.
- Manage development backlog of work.
- Perform bi-weekly demonstrations of developed product for the customers.
- Respond to incoming requests for issues and requests for business and operational applications.
- Research and analyze data inconsistencies.
- Provide detailed business and technical requirements for minor enhancement requests.
- Follow departmental standard processes for design, development, testing, deployment and support of business applications.
- Provide regular status updates to customers and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- A minimum of 10 years business analysis experience.
- A minimum of 10 years knowledge of business analysis and requirements gathering methods and tools.
- Solid business process knowledge.
- Proficient at creating business and technical documentation.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to probe underlying business needs.
- Must possess solid analytical, research, and qualitative abilities.
- Must be a critical thinker who can also execute on the details.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential given that the position will have significant interaction with various functional areas and individuals at all levels.
- Ability to work independently in a cross-functional project management environment as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to manage schedules and meet deadlines on multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to be flexible and manage change.
- Ability to work in complex situations with varying degrees of ambiguity.
- Ability to constructively adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Experience in project management.
Affirmative Action and EOE:
Aclara is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 2016-1203
# of Openings: 1
Job Locations: US - MO - Hazelwood