The Hartford Sr Data Engineer in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Sr Data Engineer
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1701141
The Data Science and Engineering team supports Commercial Lines through class plan development, advanced pricing, underwriting research, operations research, marketing analytics and product innovation. The Analytic Rating Engine (ARE) team supports predictive model/class plan development and performance monitoring.
This role will be part of a small, dedicated hybrid business/IT team developing and supporting Commercial Lines data assets. This role involves heavy interaction with the various business segments and analytical partners in Actuarial. In addition, this role will focus on the implementation of the ARE capability and lead the rollouts.
We seek candidates with a solid data background as well as strong analytical skills, communication and interpersonal skills, and business acumen.
The primary responsibilities for the position will include the following:
• Perform customer support for current Data Engineering data assets, including diagnosis and resolution of data issues.
• Work with business customers to help develop requirements for data structures.
• Perform data analysis and rigorous testing to ensure high quality assets.
• Support development of training materials and perform end-user training to ensure a high degree of customer engagement.
• Partner with IT to oversee implementation of work efforts.
• Support documentation, metadata and data visualization of the assets.
• Participate in the development of the implementation plan as a subject matter expert.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Statistics, Business, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, MIS or related field.
3-5 years of experience in the P&C insurance industry (Actuarial, Underwriting,
Product Management, IT)
Job: Data Engineering