Citizens Bank Middle Market Portfolio Manager -NFP in Hartford, Connecticut
Working in a team environment, the candidate will:
• Analyze, underwrite and present credit recommendations on commercial loan requests and/or modifications. Analyses will include in-depth review of financial statements, tax returns and relevant credit information.
• Preparation of underwriting documents will also include collateral analysis on multiple asset classes; preparation of pricing and risk rating models
• Completion of the credit proposal summary in accordance with Citizens Financial Group policy
• Responsible for system and spreadsheet tracking of loan covenant compliance, financial ticklers, and also spreading all the F/S.
• Must keep relationship managers readily informed of issues or developments
• Interaction with Bank clients and prospects
• Tracking of doc exceptions, past dues and PD changes, field exams, Borrowing Base reports and covenant exceptions
• Pull reports from internal system, prepare compliance check lists and assist in remediating compliance exceptions
• Ensure data integrity and verify loan booking packages
• Continuously monitor and coordinate information for Credit Review
• File reports, and resolve all issues in a timely and efficient manner
• 6 + years of experience and exhibited competency in financial analysis and credit structuring, understanding and applying credit policy, and credit monitoring and risk administration practices
• Bachelors Degree required. MBA a plus
• Expected to have an advanced level of credit experience, documentation, experience in proposing and negotiating, both internally and externally, credit and covenant structures and documenting loans
• Must demonstrate superior practical and conceptual knowledge of credit and risk analysis
• Highly skilled in financial modeling and ability to quickly structure credit in a modeling environment
• Experience with Commercial Loans on the Middle Market Non For Profit side dealing with revenues from $25m to $500m strongly preferred
• Exhibits competency at independently reaching conclusions and forms clear view of credit structure and business risk to Bank
• Has deep understanding of industry nuances applicable to the credits contained within assigned portfolio
• Displays deep understanding of capital structures, with clear knowledge of the difference between senior and other layers of debt
• In depth knowledge of loan and related legal documents
• Actively participates in group meetings with customers up to the most senior level, RMs, Team Leaders and credit and product partners
• Highly developed communication skills; and ability to influences others by persuasively presenting thoughts and ideas to gain commitment and agreement for proposed ideas and solutions
• Word, Excel, Power Point, spread sheet modeling, and presentation development and delivery skills. Advanced knowledge of different financial modeling systems
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Why Work with Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank and Citizens Securities, Inc. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania.