Sirius Computer Solutions Solutions Architect - IBM Integration Bus in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Requisition Number J17-0316
Title Solutions Architect - IBM Integration Bus
Description **LOCATION: PHILADELPHIA OR CHARLESTON**
You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same. You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions. Sirius agrees.
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
Sirius is looking for an IBM IIB Solutions Architect to join our Business Agility team. This is a full-time, benefited role with us that can require an average of 60% overnight travel.
The primary purpose for this position is to provide technical leadership to a Solution Services Program while also serving as a technical resource to Sirius sales personnel and account managers in support of our clients. This position will also handle engagements requiring knowledge of multiple application server environments, to assist in the architectural design of client applications, and to provide technical sales support as needed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Promotes and sells assigned Program by conducting customer calls and on-site visits with Sirius sales personnel
• Creates and consults with Program Manager on SOWs and estimates
• Builds assigned Program by:
- Providing technical leadership in the 2-3 core competencies and related offerings of assigned Program
- Conducting research & development work targeted to create frameworks, utilities, or best practices to enhance the efficiency and quality of the Program’s development efforts
- Cataloguing Program’s existing intellectual property (IP), determining strategic areas for IP development (including input into training and education plans for program specialists), and evangelizing the use of Program IP by Program development teams
• Develops assigned Program’s team by conducting meetings and training for developers in Program to build and enhance skills in core competency areas
• Oversees technical delivery for assigned Program by:
- Understanding the business driving client technologies
- Participating in technical requirements gathering and solution architecture for clients
- Serving as a technical escalation point for Lead Solutions Specialists and Senior Solutions Specialists
• Provides solution architecture, requirements gathering, and application design to our clients via services delivery, including (but not limited to):
- Assisting clients to develop or express an organizational strategy for accomplishing strategic technology goals
- Assisting clients to identify appropriate technologies for accomplishing their strategic technology goals
- Developing technical and conceptual specifications in support of the overall application design
• Reviews and understands all assigned Statement of Work (SOW) prior to services delivery
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
• At least seven (7) years' software development experience, to include:
o At least two (2) years’ technical team leadership experience, AND
o At least three (3) years’ hands-on experience architecting and administering IBM IIB solutions, including within a cloud environment
Requirements Other Position Requirements:
• Experience in software architecture and architecture “best practices”
• Demonstrated knowledge of operating systems including Windows, i5/OS, z/OS, AIX, Linux, or others
• Demonstrated ability to understand a client’s requirements and present appropriate architectural options to technical, as well as non-technical audiences
• Demonstrated presentation, problem solving, and communication skills
• Experience with AWS, Azure, or other cloud platform architecture
• Presales Experience
• Experience with IBM WebSphere MQ
• Experience with IBM DataPower
• Full software lifecycle development experience
• Experience in a consulting environment
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility.