CB&I Structural Welder in Hackberry, Louisiana
Title: Structural Welder
Location: United States-Louisiana-Hackberry
Lays out, fits and welds metal items.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
- Lays out, positions, aligns and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding. Sets up equipment and welds parts together using arc, gas shielded arc, submerged arc or gas welding equipment.
- May assemble parts by bolting and riveting.
- May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping and reassembling parts using cutting torch, straightening press and hand tools.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply basic mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Structural
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Travel Required: No
Job Posting: May 19, 2017, 2:33:19 PM
Requisition ID: 1705390