CB&I Pipefitter in Hackberry, Louisiana
Location: United States-Louisiana-Hackberry
Layout, assemble, install and maintain pipe systems, pipe supports and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and industrial production and processing systems.
- Confidently selects the type and size of pipe according to job specifications.
- Inspection of the work site is routine to identify obstructions and ascertain the holes will not cause structural weakness.
- Plans the sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and the activities of other construction workers.
- Skillfully cuts pipe using hacksaws, pipe cutter, hammer, chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine.
- Assembles and installs variety of metal and non-metal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of brass, copper, lead, glass and plastic.
- Piping is joined by means of threading, caulking, wiping, soldering, brazing, fusing or cementing.
- Secure the pipes to structures with clamps, brackets and hangers with a variety of hand tools.
- Is required to install and maintain refrigeration and air conditioning systems including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and piping.
- Testing piping systems for leaks is achieved by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Occasionally, the journeyman pipe fitter may weld pipe supports to structures.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Work at heights without fear.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Pipefitter
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Travel Required: No
Job Posting: Dec 1, 2016, 10:25:15 AM
Requisition ID: 1618092