CB&I Pipefitter Helper in Hackberry, Louisiana
Title: Pipefitter Helper
Location: United States-Louisiana-Hackberry
Assists skilled craftsperson in the performance of their duties by performing supportive type chores as directed by the craftsperson.
- Assists the journey Pipe Fitter on all work activities.
- Can and often performs journey tasks, contingent on the level of experience and directions from the journey Pipe Fitter.
- Assists in staging materials and necessary tools to execute each work activity.
- Assists in layout and measuring of materials for installation.
- Sets up oxygen/acetylene bottles, gauges, hoses, torches etc. for fitter uses.
- Assists with location of welding machines, pulling lead and grounds, moving welder tools into position to assist Pipe Fitter.
- Pre fittings such as removing protective paint from the weld surfaces prior to fit up such as: tees, elbows, flanges, valves etc.
- May be directed to thread piping ends for nipples or for running screwed piping.
- Installs supports such as: u bolts, clamps, spring hangers, angle iron, steel etc. as directed by craftsperson.
- May be required to assist in venting lines for Hydro testing.
- This could also include installation of blind flanges or slip blinds.
- Often is required to perform runner/expeditor functions within the crew or for the craftsperson as well as running down the Foreman or GF to answer questions or provide additional information.
- Is responsible for retrieving all necessary tools from the tool room on a daily basis to support the day’s specific activity.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Work at heights without fear.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Pipefitter
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Travel Required: No
Job Posting: Dec 1, 2016, 10:29:03 AM
Requisition ID: 1618093