CB&I Pipefitter General Foreman (Nights) in Hackberry, Louisiana
Title: Pipefitter General Foreman (Nights)
Location: United States-Louisiana-Hackberry
Supervises craft foreman – as well as craftspeople, helpers, or laborers in performing their craft functions.
- Coordinates assigned work with work of different crafts, departments or other contractors.
- Maintains liaison with engineering, estimating, planning and scheduling to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, cost and schedule.
- Assists in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces etc.) as required.
- Assists in development of look ahead scheduling and progress reporting.
- Supervises and evaluates foreman to insure compliance with project directives.
- Insure foreman and crew perform work in compliance with drawings, specifications and procedures.
- Requisition manpower from the Craft Personnel & Training Department.
- Assist the Craft Personnel and Training Department with training or craft personnel.
- Monitor craft compliance with project safety process requirements, document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
- Maintain liaison with other departments (i.e.: Material Controls, Purchasing, QC and Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections etc. support craft activities and project schedule.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Work at heights without fear.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Pipefitter
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Travel Required: No
Job Posting: Dec 1, 2016, 3:17:36 PM
Requisition ID: 1618114