CB&I Electrician Helper in Hackberry, Louisiana
Title: Electrician Helper
Location: United States-Louisiana-Hackberry
Assists skilled craftsperson in the performance of their duties by performing supportive type chores as directed by the craftsperson.
- Primarily assists the journey electrician on all work activities.
- Can and often performs journey tasks, contingent on the level of experience and directions from the journey electrician.
- Required to assist in staging materials and necessary tools to execute each work activity, and will assist in the layout and measuring of materials for installation.
- Assists in carrying, measuring, cutting and threading aluminum and galvanized conduit and fittings for installation.
- Will assist in carrying, measuring and pulling wire into conduit, cable tray and, in installing and supporting cable tray and other conduit supports.
- Assists in wiring and checking electrical motors.
- Often is required to perform runner/expeditor functions within the crew or for the craftsperson as well as running down the Foreman or GF to answer questions or provide additional information.
- Is responsible for retrieving all necessary tools from the tool room on a daily basis to support the day’s specific activity.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Rate information using personal judgment or standards that can be measured or checked.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often.
- Perform arithmetical operations rapidly and accurately.
- See detail in objects or drawings as 3-dimensionsl objects.
- Work at heights without fear.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Electrician
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Travel Required: No
Job Posting: Dec 2, 2016, 1:45:34 PM
Requisition ID: 1618128