CB&I Combination Pipe Welder in Hackberry, Louisiana
Title: Combination Pipe Welder
Location: United States-Louisiana-Hackberry
Lays out, fits and welds a large variety of metal items including welding of exotic materials using multiple processes typically TIG and Stick welding.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
- Lays out, positions, aligns and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts together using arc, gas shielded arc, submerged arc or gas welding equipment.
- May assemble parts by bolting and riveting.
- May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping and reassembling parts using cutting torch, straightening press and hand tools.
- Uses a variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
- Obtains specified electrode and inserts into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through portable welding gun.
- Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope and pulse.
- Starts power supply to produce electric current.
- Strikes arc that generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to work piece and join edges of work piece.
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead as judged from color of metal, sound of weld and size of molten puddle.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead positions.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- May preheat work piece using hand torch.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply basic mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Pipe
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Travel Required: No
Job Posting: Dec 1, 2016, 5:41:17 PM
Requisition ID: 1618123