BlackRock Reporting Analyst in Gurgaon, India
BlackRock Company Description:
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide. At June 2017, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.689 trillion. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. Headquartered in New York City, as of September 30, 2013, the firm had approximately 11,200 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa.
The Portfolio Compliance Group (PCG) is a global group which sits within the Business Operations department at BlackRock. Portfolio Compliance is responsible for implementing and running controls & processes to ensure we are compliant with all applicable regulatory and portfolio issued guidelines. It covers trading and investments, including pre- and post-trade compliance; mutual fund monitoring and reporting; regulatory threshold monitoring and reporting; global syndicate offering review; ERISA & Fiduciary monitoring, and regulatory reporting.
The Enterprise Monitoring & Reporting team in Gurgaon is primarily responsible for the monitoring and reporting of regulatory requirements for a very wide number of global jurisdictions, responding to internal and external requests for information on the firms positions in companies and securities, reporting compliance under mutual fund regulatory requirements and monitoring security transactions and position for compliance with BlackRock’s fiduciary policies and practices. The group is engaged with and provides services to many other departments across the firm in particular; Portfolio Management, Legal & Compliance, and Corporate Governance. In addition to the above, PCG also provides support in Sub-Advised reporting/certifications to the clients on Monthly and Quarterly basis ensuring that BlackRock is in compliance with all the client’s and regulatory guidelines. The team operates from different regions in the US, UK and Asia.
The specific role, based in Gurgaon will be primarily focused on assisting with the preparation of a wide range of disclosure forms (disclosing the BLK holdings in a particular issuer, monitoring of BLK’s holdings in different asset classes (futures/options/equity), which are sent to regulators and issuers, providing key information of BlackRock’s investments and trading activity. Longer term it may also involve the support of wider regulatory requirements for BlackRock’s investment activities.
• Analysing trade data against various legal regulations to confirm compliance with percentage limitations.
• Escalate and manage exceptions in line with BlackRock policy.
• Liaising with internal and external partners to obtain and review documentation to ensure compliance with policies validating weekly and monthly trade reports.
• Testing various activities related to Mutual funds as per global requirement
• Identifying holdings that are approaching prescribed limits
• Making necessary disclosures in an accurate and timely manner.
• Exposure to multiple investment products across BlackRock.
• Exposure to global financial market, investment and regulatory guidelines.
• Daily interaction across with different business groups including Portfolio Management, Client relationship teams, Corporate Action team, Onboarding and Legal and Compliance.
• Opportunity to be part of and develop within a truly global firm.
• Opportunity to take responsibility and ownership for projects.
• Once issues are resolved in the short term, focus on root cause and long term remediation.
Knowledge / Experience:
• Ability to collaborate and co-ordinate investment activities within a team environment
• Sound problem solving abilities and a keen eye for detail
• Passionate to perform at highest standards
• Excellent communication skills in writing and speech; ability to convey complex ideas in simple and clear language
• Strong ability to prioritise and organise tasks and perform under pressure to meet tight deadlines
Skills / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher level qualification preferably in a quantitative or finance subject
• Demonstrated record of academic achievement
• MBA in Finance, preferred
• Capital Markets knowledge/NCFM certifications, preferred
• Strong Microsoft Office knowledge
► Excellent verbal and written communication skills
► Capable of building strong working relationships and interacting professionally at all levels of seniority and across multiple cultures
► Ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to target audience
► Ability to self-manage workloads and work to deadlines
► Ability to think clearly and remain calm in stressful/busy situations
► Analytical mind and approach
► High attention to detail and accountability
► Pro-active approach to issue resolution
► Ability to work effectively on your own as well as within a team
Job Function: Operations
Organization: Tech & Ops-Business Operations
Title: Reporting Analyst
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-India-Gurgaon
Requisition ID: 172921
Job Posting: Oct 11, 2017, 11:00:00 PM
FutureAdvisor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.