L-3 Communications Engineer - Sys Integration 4 (RJTS Hardware Systems Engineer) in Greenville, Texas
Integrate complex systems containing specialized software, commercial applications and embedded operating systems. Configures, tests and trouble shoots Windows and Linux based systems in a clustered environment. Conducts performance testing to identify bottlenecks and architectural issues affecting overall system performance and resource utilization. Coordinates with hardware and software vendors. Uses expertise to identify, isolate, and resolve challenging technical issues. Manages requirements in a DOORS database. Provides technical oversight and review support to development groups during product design and development. Develops test plans and procedures and executes same during test and integration phases of project. Continues to interface with customer during development and test phases to insure customer requirements are being met. Provides OCONUS deployments for prototype testing, production support, and sell off of assigned subsystems. Works with management to develop and adhere to schedules and budgets required to accomplish assigned work. Provides regular status updates for ongoing work efforts to keep management and customer informed
Candidate must be willing to work a flexible job schedule to include off-shift work and occasional overtime.
25% travel may be required.
Requires a Bachelors degree in an appropriate engineering discipline and a minimum of seven (7) years of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The successful candidate must have experience in a Systems Engineering role.
- Must have experience dealing with vendors, specifying hardware and hardware procurement.
- Experience troubleshooting wiring and data bus analysis is desirable.
- Experience with an integrated mission system is highly desirable.
- Must be able to read and understand engineering/aero documents and drawings.
- Good verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- The ideal candidate will have a hardware and/or maintenance background, with experience with aircraft or simulation ISR systems.
- On-aircraft testing and troubleshooting is also desired.
Physical Requirements: Some lifting required.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance with access to SCI, which requires U.S. citizenship.
/ Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity. / / / / We maintain a drug free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. /
Title: Engineer - Sys Integration 4 (RJTS Hardware Systems Engineer)
Requisition ID: 085732