DaVita Registered Nurse ( Hospital Dialysis RN ) in Grand Blanc, Michigan
- This is a 4 day work week
- Saturdays will rotate
- Days of the week will vary
- Some on call
- Prior Dialysis, ER, ICU experience a plus, but not required
- We are looking for a team player who is excited about a career in dialysis
As a DaVita Acute Registered Nurse (RN) you will.. .
Work autonomously in an exciting hospital environment - without the typical hospital routine.
Provide the highest level of critical acute nursing care to ensure your patients' safety, comfort, and well-being
"I love problem solving and the challenge of the role of acute nursing. I get a lot of respect from the doctors and my team." - Ginny E.
Patients - Help your patients, when they need it the most.
Patient care is our top priority and we look for teammates who share our commitment to Service Excellence as well as Continuous Improvement. You can build your career in nephrology and practice multiple therapies (CRRT and Apheresis) as an Acute Nephrology RN at DaVita.
As an Acute Nephrology RN at DaVita in Grand Blanc, you will give back to a community in need. Disparities plague vulnerable, minority populations in nearly every area of chronic disease including kidney disease.Did you know African Americans – who comprise nearly 60% of Flint’s population - are at increased risk of developing chronic kidney disease (CKD) leading to dialysis and transplant ? Compared to other ethnic groups, the African American population has higher rates of diabetes and high blood pressure , which are the two leading causes of kidney disease. As DaVita leads the dialysis industry in clinical outcomes, you can positively impact the city of Grand Blanc by providing the best quality, live-giving healthcare to kidney patients as a DaVita teammate.
Independence - Manage your patients on your own in a hospital setting.
As a teammate in an acute setting you work on your own almost all of the time. Each day you assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for critical patients. What an exciting challenge to take on!
Intensity - Expect the unexpected.
No two days are ever the same for an acute dialysis nurse. The setting is dynamic and each patient's needs are unique. When you walk in the door each day you don't know what patients you might have - their condition, when you will get them or when you will be done for the day.
Enjoy a hospital environment without rounds, and with more time to impact your patients' lives. Are you energized by the intensity of a fast-paced, critical care environment? Do you prefer the autonomy of making decisions under pressure? If so, then an Acute Dialysis Nurse role could be just right for you.
This position provides care in our DaVita Acute Program in Flint, MI. We even have Afternoon and Weekend Shifts available.
Great patient care starts with a great nurse like you!
The shining star for an Acute Hemodialysis Registered Nurse will have:
- Hemodialysis nursing experience a plus
- Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state where practicing required
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with mandatory overtime required due to the nature of the acute treatment you are providing. Long days without notice also required.
- Medical/surgical (Med/Surg), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), and/or Emergency Room (ER) experience - preferred
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) and/or Certified Hemodialysis Nurse (CHN) - a plus
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required; Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN), Bachelors of Science in Nurse (BSN) and/or Masters of Nursing (MSN)
- CurrentCardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification required; Advanced CPR certification - preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and/or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - preferred
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Physical Requirement: nurses often have to push/pull large hemodialysis machines around the hospital with little or no assistance
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Multi-tasking skills, with great time management and prioritizing capabilities
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of your patients and work autonomously in an environment where you make the decisions? If so, we'd like to speak with you.
Visit http://www.careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.