Sparboe Farms Overwrap Operator in Goodell, Iowa
Processing team members work in a modern, temperature controlled, egg processing facility. Eggs are processed 7 days/week. Full time and day shift available, pay starting at 11.00/hr.
Sparboe offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for you and eligible family members, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match, holiday pay and paid time off.
POSITION TITLE: Overwrap Machine Operator
JOB DESCRIPTION: To safely, effectively and efficiently apply overwrap to packed eggs according to regulations that protect the consumer and follow government rules. This position works in accordance with the Sparboe Quality Management Program and all its related policies and procedures to keep all product and pallets clean and free from contamination and to ensure the highest food quality and food safety.
- Safety first. Understand and follow all safety procedures, utilizing appropriate safety equipment at all times. Know and obey all traffic and safety laws/regulations.
- Put flats of eggs onto the conveyor belt.
- Pack wrapped eggs correctly into plastic totes and put back on the conveyor belt to be shipped.
- Adjust over-wrap machine for number of flats.
- Report any food safety and quality issues/problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Keep all egg cartons, sleeves/flats, cubes, cases and open pallets clean and free from contamination to ensure the highest food quality and food safety.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Perform all tasks safely, reporting any safety concerns and incidents/injuries immediately to a supervisor.
- Perform all other tasks that are requested by management.
HOW TO APPLY: In person or online Applications accepted M-F 8:00am-3:00pm 1140 Timber Dr. Goodell, IA 50439
Sparboe is an Equal Opportunity Employer hourlyss
Requisition Number: 16-0194
Post Date: 10/10/2016
Title: Overwrap Operator