Securitas Security Svc USA SUSA Flex Officer in Glendora, California
The Flex Officer Program:
The Flex Officer program intends to showcase Securitas USA’s finest security officers and attempts to promote Security Officer development and training. Ideally, Flex Officers will gain a broad and specialized knowledge of various high profile posts. Flex Officers will be evaluated for leadership and further growth potential. Strong and reliable performance as a Flex Officer will earn the Security Officer consideration for assignment to supervisory or other leadership posts. Ideally, Flex Officers will develop career paths to further growth within the Company.
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
Flex Officer Program Objectives:
- Staff new accounts until permanent Security Officers can be hired.
- Provide security for short-term special events.
- Fill in for officers while on vacation/sick/no call-no show.
Typical Flex Officer Activities:
- Support staffing requirements at accounts during shortages due to vacations, call-offs, no shows, suspensions, holidays, etc.
- Assist in start-ups at new accounts to include: working the site, writing post orders and training checklists and training newly assigned permanent Security Officers.
- Work special security assignments as required.
- Expect to work on weekends and holidays with limited notice, and work during “high need” periods.
- Provide to the office a reliable phone number where the officer can be reached (i.e. cellular)
- Be able to obtain reliable transportation.
- Be willing to work the 3 different shifts (i.e.,day/swing/grave, etc) and sometimes 6 days per week.
- Have a clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.