Indus Corporation Systems Administrator, Lead in GETTYSBURG, Pennsylvania
INDUS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, physical impairment, political affiliation, marital status, disability, or on any other basis prohibited by law
Job ID 2016-3778
Security Clearance Top Secret SCI
Other Clearance ..
Work Status ..
Category Information Technology - All Openings
For two decades, INDUS has been a trusted leader of full lifecycle information technology solutions and services to the Federal Government. INDUS has achieved outstanding results for Civilian, Homeland Security, Defense, and Intelligence agencies.
Our customers CHALLENGE us to continuously provide innovative and progressive solutions to support their mission critical needs. We invite you to join INDUS' collaborative and dedicated team of professionals working in technological advanced environment to meet this CHALLENGE.
INDUS is pleased to announce a job opportunity for a Lead Systems Administrator for a federal client in Washington, DC.
Successful applicants for this position must hold an active Top Secret security clearance and be SCI Eligible!!!!!
They must also hold current CompTIA Security+ certification.
Day Shift 0600 - 1500 (6:00am-3:00pm)
- Applies proficiency understanding of computer components and their associated functions in performing a variety of complex assignments associated with managing and controlling computer operating systems.
- Supervises and manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of business systems.
- Optimizes system operation and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning.
- Provides assistance to users in accessing and using business systems.
- Sets up and maintains UNIX platforms systems.
- Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Evaluates and installs developed software.
- Reviews and prepares documentation for systems, tests and installation of software.
- Investigates and recommends methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Initiates preventive maintenance on the operating systems as well as repairs to system/environment problems.
- Administers and/or oversees systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules which are critical to the success of programs.
- Plans system/environment requirements for individual projects, and may participate in the creation/maintenance of the overall management plan.
- Provides work direction and technical guidance to others.
- ACTIVE DOD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Current CompTIA Security+ certification
- At least nine (9) years' specialized experience as a systems administrator with UNIX platforms working with BIND and VMWare.
- Specialized experience includes work on or knowledge/experience of Defense Information Infrastructure Common Operating Environment (DII-COE), networking, and/or similar advanced DoD command & control systems and their configuration and integration.
- Must be Skilled at:
- account management functions;
- file access, modification, navigation, management, and searching functions;
- computer process/job management and scheduling functions;
- file-permission management functions;
- data backup, recovery, and compression functions;
- remote access functions;
- startup and shutdown procedures;
- resource monitoring functions;
- event log reviews;
- printer management functions;
- mapping/mounting and sharing network resources;
- installing and configuring new peripherals;
- mapping logical and physical device names;
- formatting hard drives;
- analyzing system debug information (i.e. truss output);
- centralized management configuration (i.e. NIS+ administration for UNIX;
- Active Directory administration for Windows OS);
- Domain Name Service configuration;
- e-mail configuration.
Day Shift 0600 - 1500 (6:00am-3:00pm)
INDUS Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.