Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Project Manager - Electronic Security Integration in fullerton, California
The Project Manager is responsible for assisting the Kratos sales team in estimating a job as well as review project specifications and drawings, seeing a job from start to finish with the ability to forecast a job over a period of time, usually from one to 24 months. The project manager is the primary site Kratos representative who acts as a liaison between the owner/contractor and Kratos sales team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with maintaining customer relationships based on dependability and honesty. Ensure that long term customer relationships are protected by providing value added services.
- Actively promote the value of full service agreements with Kratos.
- Refer customer concerns about billing practices and charges for services rendered to appropriate department for investigation and resolution.
- Upon acceptance of a project, perform an engineered re-estimate. An effort should be made to value engineer the project as long as the intent of the design documentation is met, the quality of the project does not suffer, the customers best interests are protected and Kratos is not put at risk. All value engineering must be approved by the sales person and the Director of Operations or General Manager.
- Review a project and make Accounting aware of any changes within 30 days for more accurate forecasting.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending manufacturer training, seminars, conferences, etc., as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for obtaining authorization in advance for all purchases of parts, materials, equipment, tools and supplies above those outlined in the approved materials list or job cost records.
- Secure necessary permits and/or LAHJ approval as required.
- Assist CAD in preparing preliminary programming point lists for use by the field technicians.
- Distribute drawings and cut sheet submissions to appropriate parties.
- Perform necessary power and voltage drop calculations, complete wire type legends including wire manufacturer names and model numbers, installation notes and termination details.
- Assist with performing a variety of tests to determine whether product functions as specified; determine cause of product failure; analyze test results.
- Responsible for effecting smooth communications and rapport between the customer, other personnel on-site, and company personnel.
- Review job files. Review all pertinent data including job layout drawings, specifications and other technical data, as required for a more efficient inspection.
- Review material and equipment lists for installation and service repairs. Document and report any material discrepancies as required.
- Responsible and accountable for all parts, materials, equipment, tools and supplies that are released to technicians custody. Maintain accurate inventory records for all items.
- Responsible for completing all assigned tasks within the specified cost budget and schedule, personally responsible for the quality of work performed.
- Responsible for accurately completing all required documentation (i.e., timesheets, service acknowledgements, quotes, inventory transfer sheets, inspection certificates, etc.) Forward or bring these documents to the office as soon as possible.
- Oversee the performance of formal customer training.
- Responsible for obtaining authorization in advance for overtime.
- Assist with the completion of all in-house assembly/test/checkout tasks, as required.
- Assist with solving technical challenges as they arise. Help to resolve potential problems before they can have a negative impact on the customer and the company.
- Seek guidance and direction as necessary for performance of duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Experience and Skills:
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: *
- Computer literate including Outlook and the Internet
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-task environment
- Comfortable with taking direction from others
- Comfortable with giving direction to others
- Must be able to follow procedures
- Must have excellent communication skills with co-workers, supervisors, and customers
- Must be in full compliance with company and customers safety program
- Good, consistent customer follow-up skills via voicemail, email, or site visits
- Ability to report to work during customary or specifically assigned working hours
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public
- Valid Drivers License
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completed Trade School or Two Year Degree in Basic Electronics, or at least five years of field / hands-on experience with excellent technical background
Must possess the CSPM (Certified Security Project Manager) Certification or be able to receive it within six months of hire
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
The employee will likely be placed in an office. The work environment characteristics are representative of those of an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office/workstation situation. Able to work sitting or standing at desk and operate a computer via standard input devices such as using a keyboard and reading information on a monitor. Occasionally, work will be done either outside or in non-heated or non-air conditioned buildings, presenting possible extremes of hot and cold. The employee will be working in a variety of environments including some that have many special rules and procedures which must be followed at all times. When working in a chemical plant environment, these rules include wearing fire retardant clothing, hard hats, safety harness, hearing protection and other personal protective equipment. This position may require the employee to operate and work from a motorized man-lift. The position may require heavy lifting, climbing and heavy physical exertion.
Kratos PSS, a Division of Kratos Defense Systems, is not able to provide U.S. sponsorship at this time.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
A REVIEW OF THIS CLASSIFICATION HAS EXCLUDED THE MARGINAL FUNCTIONS OF THE CLASSIFICATION THAT ARE INCIDENTAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES. ALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS AND ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB PROFICIENTLY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE THE MINIMUM LEVELS OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-226434
Location: fullerton, CA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: February 10, 2017
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Years of Experience: More than 5 Years
Level of Education: Associate
Starting Date: February 20, 2017