General Motors Industrial Engineer - MFE0003664 in Ft Wayne, Indiana
At the new General Motors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicles can only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching six continents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing new vehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team members are valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who are looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies
Responsible for studying and planning operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines and facilities where decisions are made within the limits of general practices and policies. Use independent judgment, but can receive some direct guidance from supervisor. Occasional training or assigning of work to a small group of employees.
- Assists in establishing operational methods and work standards using various measurement techniques.
- Analyzes existing operations and proposes cost justified improvements.
- Optimizes use of floor space, materials, personnel and equipment.
- Assists in planning new facilities, operations and/or relocation of same.
- Develops, analyzes, and presents project information
- Coordinates implementation of projects
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project
- Develops programs for effective labor cost control
- Recommends new methods of operation and work standards
- Provides information for various management systems.
- Regular contact with others outside the work group.
- Keeps abreast of current industrial engineering developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Actively identifies new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities.
- Participates in functional area meetings and related functions to represent the department and assist in improving the plant’s performance goals in throughput.
- Supports development of ergonomics improvements.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of work measurement and work standards.
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals.
- Proficient in Windows operating system and Microsoft programs.
1 years, experience in Manufacturing environment
Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred in Industrial Engineering/Technology) or equivalent experience
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.