Olin Corporation Rotating Equipment Technologist in FREEPORT, Texas
Rotating Equipment Technologist
Olin Chlor Alkali Products & Vinyls, a division of Olin Corporation, has an opening for a Rotating Equipment Technologist , located in Freeport, TX. This role will have a keen focus on reliability improvement for their assigned scope of responsibility, in order to minimize the long-term cost of ownership.
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin is the world’s leading producer or chlor alkali products and Vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assists in developing Equipment Maintenance Strategies (ERS) for Rotating Equipment.
- Assists in the training and development of MEs
- Assist in risk assessments for given sets of equipment
- Provides expertise on failures and repair techniques during root cause investigations.
- Provides technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluating whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions.
- During repairs ensure that repair details such as clearances, tolerances, materials of construction, welding procedures, etc are provided and documented. Provide technical support as needed.
- Ensures repair techniques, repair procedures, and equipment specific training are documented and made available.
- As appropriate and required, reviews spare parts list for existing equipment and works with MRO to ensure parts are identified, added and stocked in the MRO system in support of the maintenance strategy.
- Serves as a technical resource to the planner on work packages.
- Accountable for critical work in assigned areas of responsibility
- Oversees and performs Quality Control on OEM or outside shop repairs
- Responsible for the development of new mechanical repair/PPM procedures and review/update existing procedures
- Maintains and assists in development of PPM plans/modules and consulted on documentation of PPM changes in SAP
- Develop & leverage PPM best practices relative to assigned equipment area of expertise
High school diploma or equivalent is required
Minimum of 10 to 15 years relevant mechanical / maintenance experience on assigned equipment is required.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with knowledge/experience in rotating equipment and hands on repair experience.
- Proficient user of SAP (MAINS, WOIS, MSMS) and strong DWS skills with Excel and Word Applications. (preferred)
- Candidate must be willing to travel to assist as an SME on repairs or TA’s. Must also be willing to attend training courses on assigned disciplines in order to maintain and improve knowledge.
- Communicate and report, written and orally, in an effective manner
- Read and comprehend written project specifications, manufacturer’s recommendations, P&ID’s and MSDS sheets.
- Interacts effectively & influentially with a broad range of personnel (contractors, technicians, engineers and leaders).
- Effectively explain, coach and redirect.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.