Olin Corporation A-19 Liquefaction Technical Advisor in FREEPORT, Texas
A-19 Liquefaction Technical Advisor
Olin Chlor Alkali Products & Vinyls, a division of Olin Corporation, has an opportunity for a Liquefaction Technical Advisor at A-19, located in Freeport, TX. The intent of this job is having an individual with strong technical and inter-personal skills, with working knowledge of the liquefaction production process to coach and enhance the technical capabilities of the A-19 Liquefaction team by sharing experiences, technical skills and knowledge.
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin is the world’s leading producer or chlor alkali products and Vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
- Technical / process subject matter resource in the Liquefaction Production process as well as loading and shipping of chlorine railcars.
- Identifies areas of improvement and implements operating discipline improvements
- Coordinates and assists with procedure development and review
- Performs or assists in Root Cause investigations
- Enhances front line skills and knowledge through coaching, teaching and mentoring
- Works with technical trainer to assist with training of new operators and improving the training program.
- Coordinates with other functions or areas of expertise to resolve EH&S and reliability issues.
- Participate on project and empowered teams within areas of expertise
- Help facilitate achievement of goals for the unit
- Coordinate with run-plant engineer, activity coordinator, ACGK and other roles in resolving technical issues. Pull in additional resources as needed. Continuously look for opportunities for improvement
- Assist or take on ownership of updating and creating procedures where gaps exist in current operating discipline
- Assist operations with troubleshooting plant process issues.
- Assist with implementation of the work processes/ODMS in the department.
- Active participant in department EH&S program including spending time in field with other team members coaching and providing feedback regarding implementation of EHS programs and policies.
- Lead and/or participate in RCIs in area of responsibility
- The most important competencies the incumbent needs for this role are strong leadership, interpersonal and technical skill as well as initiative
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- 3 years of previous Operations experience is required
- Previous Chlorine experience is preferred
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and coaching skills are required
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills with the ability to facilitate and participate in teams
- Must have experience using Microsoft applications, such as Excel and Word.
- Previous experience with SAP or similar mainframe application is preferred.
- Previous experience in a leadership position, formal or informal, is preferred.
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be able to prioritize his/her work to achieve agreed upon goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Must be organized and be able to prioritize workload
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable working under tight deadlines
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.