HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Med/Surg Oncology in Fredericksburg, Virginia
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as the Nursing Team Leader to ensure efficient operation of the department.
- *Serves as a resource and mentor for staff in the clinical area.
- *Assumes responsibility for decisions and actions in the lead clinical role.
- *Provides opportunities for employment development. Responsible for assisting with establishing training, education and maintaining staff competencies
- *Monitors nursing schedules to ensure appropriate staffing based on department needs.
- *Monitors productivity and adjusts staffing to volumes as appropriate. Assists with developing staffing modules that will work in maintaining current PLUS standards.
- *Under the guidance and supervision of the Director, will assist with nursing employee evaluations and can implement Corrective Action as appropriate and per HR policies and procedures.
- *Utilizes quality improvement as a basis to improve department processes. Assist with daily and monthly audits as assigned by Director. Participation in hospital committees and meetings as assigned.
- *Assists with thorough and complete orientation of all incoming personnel, utilizing the department orientation plan and ensuring all aspects of the orientation process are completed in a timely manner.
- *Maintains unit readiness for regulatory surveys.
- *Demonstrates effective leadership and management behaviors.
- *Demonstrates clinical competence to practice within the department’s scope of service.
- *Communicates effectively with leadership, staff, peers, and physicians, external and internal customers.
- *Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes and audits as assigned and other hospital initiatives in compliance with Federal, State, and Joint Commission regulatory/accreditation bodies.
- *Pursues own professional growth and development.
EXPERIENCE: Preferred: One year of experience in Acute Care
Preferred: Management experience
EDUCATION: Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current license as an RN. * Eligible to work in the Commonwealth of Virginia.* Required: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing
LICENSURE: Required: State of Virginia RN License. Required: American Heart Association BLS. Preferred within 6 months: ACLS
Title: RN Med/Surg Oncology
Location: Virginia-Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 25325-12127