HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Float Pool PRN in Fredericksburg, Virginia
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
*The Float Pool RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center. The tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Provides nursing care within the philosophy, objectives and policies of the facility.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to provide quality nursing care via the nursing process.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Assesses and coordinates patient’s discharge planning needs with the healthcare team.
- Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others
- Documents required information according to hospital policy.
- Performs job tasks to ensure patient, personal and departmental safety.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Assesses and coordinates patient discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
- Presents self in a professional manner.*
*Minimum of two category competencies are required for the Float Pool RN:
In-Patient /Emergency Room/Women’s and Children’s _ ICU PCU Medical/Surgical Emergency Department __ Behavioral Health *
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment. Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Preferred: Enrolled in a bachelor’s of nursing program.
Required: Current Virginia nursing license. Required: Current certification as an American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider. Required: Current ACLS for Critical Care areas; Current PALS for ED area
Required: Minimum of 2 years of acute care experience. Required: Minimum of 2 competency categories required. Required: Completion of competency assessment within 90 days of entering Float Pool and annually as needed.*
Title: RN Float Pool PRN
Location: Virginia-Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 25325-12231