HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Behavioral Health in Fredericksburg, Virginia
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs initial and on-going physical and psychosocial assessment according to accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient.
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients.
- Evaluates patient’s response to interventions and revises nursing plan of care as needed.
- Collaborates with the treatment team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient status.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient’s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Requires crisis intervention skills, calm demeanor, and high energy for a fast paced working environment. Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment. Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Current certification as an American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider required. Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required.
Current state RN license required. Psych certification preferred.
3-5 years experience in mental health field preferred, CPI within 30 days of hire.
Title: RN Behavioral Health
Location: Virginia-Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 25325-12138