HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Radiology Technologist PRN in Fredericksburg, Virginia
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- Obtains quality radiographs of patients in an acceptable timeframe.
- Complies with radiation safety guidelines. Operates radiographic equipment safely.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform all necessary computer operations.
- Render patient care in a professional and courteous manner and always identifies patients utilizing proper protocol..
- Prepare examination rooms for radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures.
- Assist the radiologist in administering medications, contrast agents and all types of care to the patient.
- Reviews each exam for technical accuracy and identifies anatomical orientation on all images.
Demonstrates willingness to assist in additional duties.
Maintains work area in a clean and orderly manner.
Maintains strict confidentiality regarding employees and patients.
Completes and maintains educational requirements
PREFERRED: One year as a staff technologist
REQUIRED: Responsible for continuing education credits as mandated by the ARRT for licensure. Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiographic Technology
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION(Required or Preferred)
American Registry of Radiologic Technology (required)
American Society of Radiologic Technology (preferred)
Virginia Society of Radiologic Technology (preferred)
IV certification (preferred)
Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers/CPR certification (required)
Title: Radiology Technologist PRN
Location: Virginia-Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 25325-11943