HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Senior Product Analyst in Franklin, Tennessee
The Senior BI Product Analyst position leverages technical expertise to review, analyze, and evaluate data used in revenue cycle reporting solutions supported by the Parallon Business Intelligence team. Conducts business & data analysis to recommend approach to business report creation and modifications to support business strategies. Requires familiarity with data warehouse, ETL, and cube development methodologies. Communicates requirements to technical resources and assures that the designed solution will meet business and user needs as well as comply with system best practices. Works with business users to resolve conflicting data requirements and will also act as an intermediary between the business users and IT teams to ensure technology architecture and reporting solutions align to achieve mutual desired outcomes. This position will work with management to develop timelines and manage project risks, and assist in the development of QA test plans.
This position will support Parallon Business Solutions operations team members, gathering and documenting technical requirements. Will work with project team of data warehouse staff and developers while defining and documenting data logic, enhancements, and fixes as required. Will typically serve as 1st level escalation point for data-related issues reported and items related to executive management reporting. This position requires a strong background in data analysis with regard to data warehousing, ETL, and reporting.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Independent, innovative, creative, self-managing individual with the ability to succeed with general directions.
• Creates a joint vision for IT solutions by maintaining strong relationships with business and technical teams.
• Delivers independently or with teams and coordinates approvals. Provides coaching and technical guidance on specific project deliverables. • Builds strong and diverse network of relationships with various stakeholder groups and all levels of staff. • Identifies impact to other solutions or projects, and works with management, developers and stakeholders to identify options and recommendations. • Provides support for QA, UAT, and smoke tests for new implementations and enhancements. • Provides operational support and troubleshooting for production systems. • Develops data validation approach, plan, and dependencies for ongoing operational data validation to support reporting. • Use knowledge of Parallon's business to verify report accuracy by comparing against related reports and prior periods. • Performs extensive data validation of newly developed data and report products. • Leads the development of a test case, test data, traceability matrix, and metrics to ensure all data validation requirements are met and documented. Communicates results to IT and key stakeholders. Tracks and verifies any required corrections and ensures completion. • Develop and maintain data flow and job dependency documentation. • Participates in Development planning meetings and communicates with business and IT on the status of data validation activities and other assigned activities in meeting project delivery deadlines. • Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement” • Thorough understanding of critical processes, including software development & project lifecycle (specifically Agile methods). • Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Exhibit exceptional communication skills, to all levels of staff and business partners, using a variety of methods (including verbal, electronic & presentation).
• Work with other product analysts and business SMEs at all levels
• Strong collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
• Detailed understanding of process improvement methods and techniques
• Experience working with Excel, Word templates, Visio flow charts, and other Office tools in order to create and communicate technical requirements.
• Experience working with Accounting, General Ledger and/or Clinical data
• Experience working with complex relational database solutions
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience
• Strong working knowledge in SQL and relational databases a plus
• Experience in conducting Data Warehouse data validation, ETL data validation, and cube data validation
• Ability to diagnose results and analyze large output datasets
• Understanding of cross-functional impact of changes in relationship to data warehouse, ETL, and cubes
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies • High level of sound logic, analytical ability & organizational skills • Documented success with increasingly difficult efforts • Data Validation or IT experience in area of specialization • Team mentality, positive attitude who enjoys supporting customers • Problem ownership mindset, to ensure attention on issues through to resolution • Ability to prioritize multiple activities and tasks simultaneously and adapt to a rapidly changing environment • Knowledge of Information Systems best practices in the areas of Change Management, Disaster Recovery, Data Retention, Incident Management, SLAs, integration, data warehousing, etc. • Ability to manage day-today activities related to multiple validation efforts within a business unit • Experience using Teradata, Essbase, Arcplan, Business Objects, Microstrategy, HCA’s Host Patient Accounting, Concuity technologies and applications a strong plus. • Healthcare IT experience a strong plus • Working knowledge of Team Foundation Services (TFS)/DevConnect a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or Information Systems/Computer Science preferred but not required. • Solid understanding of financial accounting and revenue cycle concepts.
- 5 years
Title: Senior Product Analyst
Location: Tennessee-Franklin-Corporate Cool Springs
Requisition ID: 10207-19383