IDC Social Media Analyst (Contractor) in Framingham, Massachusetts
IDG, the world’s largest information technology publishing company, is searching for a Social Media Analystto work as full time contractor within IDG’s Strategic Marketing Services (SMS).
SMS functions like an agency, offering a wide range of services to business and consumer technology clients, including marketing strategy, content development, digital platforms, data and native solutions, and social media marketing to technology clients. You would work with an immediate social team of four, as well as a number of editors, data analysts, designers and program managers, to help deliver on a diverse and exciting set of social media services across the US and international clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Setting up and optimizing paid social media campaigns within Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Supporting Twitter Chats, community threading services and influencer marketing programs.
- Generating, editing, publishing and sharing daily content (original text, images, or video) on @IDGTechTalk and other social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter.
- Reporting on a variety social media programs (using a variety of social media and reporting tools).
- Analyzing social intelligence and program data to help make actionable recommendations for clients.
- Helping with larger online community management and social research initiatives.
- Collaborating with other SMS functions (including editorial, project management, analytics, and design).
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for social media and creating sophisticated, results-oriented online programs for sophisticated marketing clients.
- BA/BS and 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to prioritize responsibility and self-manage to strong outcomes.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Client-facing conversations are a regular occurrence.
- Attention to detail, with the ability handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and problem solve effectively.
- Social writing/editing skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint experience (a must).
- Familiarity with Sprinklr, BrandWatch, Domo, Google Analytics, Google AdWords and Photoshop or other creative software (strongly preferred).
Please apply via email by sending your resume and cover letter directly to Jeremy Rueb firstname.lastname@example.org
Req Number: 16-0194
Posting Date: 10/12/2016
Title: Social Media Analyst (Contractor)
Job Family: Online Media
Unit: IDG Strategic Marketing Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)