IDC Research Director, Strategic Alliances in Framingham, Massachusetts
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC is seeking a Research Director, Strategic Alliances who will be responsible for research, writing, program development and relationships with clients specific to the Strategic Alliance program. The role will report into and also support cross functional activities in the broader IDC Channels & Alliances team. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in Strategic Alliance management as well as demonstrable skills in writing, research, analysis and collaborating with clients. They will also have strong presentation & moderation skills, as running the bi-annual Strategic Alliances Leadership Council (SALC) is a key element of the program & role.
- Analyze and write research/reports on applicable Strategic Alliances trends and topics
- Manage and deliver against an ongoing research schedule to the program goal
- Work with the SALC clients to define and agree the SALC agenda & research topics on a rolling basis
- Lead and manage 2 x SALC summits per year – including developing agenda, recruitment of attendees, and on site delivery with support from IDC colleagues
- Identify and deliver thought leadership topics for research, bulletins, presentations as appropriate
- Manage the program P&L; to deliver on plan profits
- Develop and implement plans to evolve the program, and increase the number of subscribing clients
- Work with IDC Sales & Consulting Sales to identify custom research/consulting opportunities
- Maintain high levels of interaction with clients and prospects of the program & leadership councils
- Collaborate with other IDC subject matter experts to drive opportunities around content for research, councils and potential consulting
- Be an engaged member of the IDC Channels & Alliances team, and participate in cross-team indicatives & custom research projects
- Travel to customer meetings and events, as required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proven Strategic Alliances experience & referenceable track record
- Excellent writing, research, business development and public speaking skills
- 10 + years of experience in the IT industry
- Ability to rapidly develop content based on analyst conversations, vendor briefings, and customer interviews.
- Availability for business travel (30-40%) is required
- We will consider candidates who can work from our offices in either Framingham, MA, San Mateo, CA or Toronto, Canada.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.
Req Number: 16-0150
Posting Date: 10/21/2016
Title: Research Director, Strategic Alliances
Job Family: Research
Job Type: Full-Time
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)