IDC Research Director, Smart Cities Transportation Strategies in Framingham, Massachusetts
Research Director, Smart Cities Transportation Strategies Government Insights, an IDC Company, is seeking an energetic senior member of its internationally-recognized Smart Cities research team.
- The Research Director is responsible for setting the overall course and direction for a research service area. This is a relatively public role with many client-facing and industry-facing responsibilities, but with primary responsibility for producing the research product and providing advisory services.
- The Research Director is responsible for building the reputation and the revenues of the services within their domain and is heavily involved in consulting and custom research.
- Additional responsibilities include: managing the research agenda, writing research reports, presenting at industry events, helping with marketing activities to raise industry visibility, conducting business development, providing sales support, and acting effectively as a client advisor for both state and local agencies and technology suppliers.
- Successful candidates will have prior experience or knowledge of state and local transportation technologies and operations ideally to include familiarity with industry applications and infrastructure in areas such as traffic management, tolling systems, smart parking and/ or public transportation, agency procurement, regulations, information management, and/or data governance.
- In addition, the candidate must demonstrate thought leadership in this space and be able to communicate the importance of new ideas and trends that impact the urban transportation industry to senior management.
- Specifically, candidates should have over 10 years of related work experience with similar areas and levels of responsibility in either Department of Transportation, state and local IT or in the transportation technology industry working with government customers.
- A Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent is required (Advanced degree a plus).
- Given IDC's global customer base, experience with or in international work environments is helpful.
- Travel (approximately 10-20%) will be required as needed.
- Excellent writing and superior communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products is a must.
- Position is based in Framingham, MA, but other locations will be considered.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and Events Company.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.
Req Number: 16-0162
Posting Date: 10/21/2016
Title: Research Director, Smart Cities Transportation Strategies
Job Family: Research
Job Type: Full-Time
Career Level: Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)