IDC Research Director, Health Provider in Framingham, Massachusetts
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC Health Insights, a vertically focused business unit of IDC, is looking for a dynamic healthcare IT market research professional to run the Provider IT Transformation Strategies research program.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Developing compelling thought leadership research for vendor and end-user subscription customers
- Providing actionable analysis and insights into the implications of new healthcare IT solutions in an evolving healthcare market as a result of changing care delivery and business models under health reform
- Conducting custom consulting research projects
- Being a spokesperson for the Provider IT Transformation Strategies program
- Engaging with the sales and marketing teams to support business development efforts
- Provider IT Transformation Strategies is a clinically focused research program covering the following topics: clinical information systems, ambulatory and inpatient electronic health records, clinical imaging storage and archiving strategies, clinical analytics and decision support systems, virtualization and cloud computing, and digital transformation for provider organizations.
- 10 years + experience in the provider IT market. Experience on either the end-user and vendor side, especially as it relates to developing and using technology. Both sides is a plus.
- Product management experience.
- Business development experience.
- Former analyst or enterprise architect or similar role in a healthcare provider organization a plus.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, productive and efficient, collaborative team player, strong work ethic, enthusiastic and fearless. Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.
Req Number: 16-0129
Posting Date: 10/21/2016
Title: Research Director, Health Provider
Job Family: Research
Job Type: Full-Time
Career Level: Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)