Indian Health Service Dietitian (Diabetes Program Coordinator) SDPI FY9600 in Fort Yates, North Dakota
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Fort Yates, ND
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 10/11/2016 (11 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 10/24/2016 (2 day(s) away)
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number ++IHS-R1-GP-1805490-ESEP/MP++; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION: This position is located in the Special Diabetes Program for Indians (SDPI), at the Standing Rock Service Unit in Ft. Yates, ND. This position will serve as the program director for SDPI project and will also provide intensive education classes and provide individual consultation for clients and family members. The position directly supervises the SDPI staff.
This position is being re-advertised to solicit additional applications. Applicants who applied previously need not reapply unless submitting updated and/or missing information.
- Conduct group classes as scheduled for the clients for the Special Diabetes Program for Indians (SDPI).
- Provide individual client counseling as needed or requested.
- Recommend dietary changes for clients as necessary.
- Participate in health fairs and education programs as a representative of the SDPI program.\
- Supervises SDPI staff; plans work, sets work priorities, insures data is being evaluated and documents, evaluates staff performance and conduct....etc...
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required for training and/or other work related duties.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
Degree: dietetics, food, nutrition, food service management, institution management, or related science. AND
Dietitian: For dietitian positions, the curriculum must have been in accordance with the qualifying requirements established by The American Dietetic Association (ADA) in effect at the time of graduation. Information on ADA-approved curricula may be obtained from The American Dietetic Association, 430 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60611. (Professional registration as a registered dietitian (R.D.) is evidence of meeting ADA requirements.) AND
GS-09: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 level or 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree. Specialized Experience: Experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Specialized Experience Defined: Experience working with a diabetes program; experience planning and organizing work priorities for a diabetes program. Experience providing intensive diet/nutritional education classes and providing individual consultation for clients and family members in the diabetes program. Experience reviewing and recording weekly food intake. Experience reviewing, analyzing and consulting on dietary changes for patients/clients as necessary to meet treatment goals.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Monday, October 24, 2016
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- A one-year supervisory/managerial probationary period may be required upon selection/placement. (Supervisory positions only)
- Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
- Selectee(s) are required to have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payment. You may apply separately for each announcement if you want to be considered under each hiring plan.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- Position is subject to rotating shifts; nights/weekends/holidays.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $48,968.00 to $63,654.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0630-09/09
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: ANY UNITED STATES CITIZEN
Control Number: 453019000
Job Announcement Number: IHS-R1-GP-1805602-DE