HCA, Hospital Corporation of America EEG Technologist (PRN) in Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, is looking for an additional member to add to its award winning cardiovascular team.
The Emerald Coast features world famous vacation destinations of Destin, Fort Walton Beach and Okaloosa Island and is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is one of the nation's top performers on quality measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. The hospital has the tri-county's only comprehensive cardiovascular program. It is also the only acute care hospital in the area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission, a Chest Pain Center and a Cancer Care Center that is affiliated with UAB and accredited by the Commission on Cancer.
*Position Summary: *
Perform a variety of duties relating to administration of Electroencephalogram and monitoring during surgical procedures. Has knowledge of medical terminology. Communicate effectively with physicians, patients, managers and public. Is able to recognize and report abuse and neglect of patients. Has ability to operate and perform basic maintenance on all machines used. Has knowledge of departmental quality assurance program. Perform secretarial skills, such as charting, answering telephones and scheduling appointments. On-call hours are required with this position. This role is PRN status and may work anywhere between 16-24 hours per week.
- Essential Functions:*
· Preparation of EEG: o Coordinates scheduling of patient and examinations o Instructs patients on preparation and examinations o Prepares equipment and gathers supplies prior to exam · Administration of EEG exams: o Takes patient history prepares patient for the exam, operates equipment to administer exam. · Monitoring of EEG during surgical procedures. · Post exam duties: o File EEG results o Log exam o File all reports · Understanding of sterile techniques and procedures used during surgery. · Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- May have access to the POS room or designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non-scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
*Education: * * High School Diploma or GED * Desired: Completion of an accredited school for Neurodiagnostics * BLS- AHA required upon hire.
*Experience: * * 1 year experience with 12 lead EKG testing, holter monitoring and scanning, chemical and exercise stress testing preferred. * Hospital/Clinical experience preferred. * Prefer candidates who hold a national certification for EEG.
Title: EEG Technologist (PRN)
Location: Florida-Fort Walton Beach-Fort Walton Beach Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01307-6642